In celebration of this “Love” holiday, I decided to ask Cassidy and Cade what they would look for in a future spouse. I really was curious to learn their perspective on what makes a good husband or wife. What they value in a person they would be spending the rest of their life with, is a window into what they are learning about love and what ultimately matters in their lives. I decided this would also be a good exercise for them as well, in discovering for themselves- what characteristics were important to them in a person. I asked them to tell me at least ten attributes they would look for in their lifetime love, and I got more. Much more…
Cassidy: What Do You Think Makes a Good Husband:
1. He should be honest.
2. He should be considerate.
3. He should be understanding.
4. He should be mature.
5. He should be responsible with money.
6. He should be good looking.
7. He should accept me for who I am.
8. He should be Loyal.
9. He should be helpful.
10. He should be Reverent.
11. He should be Sacrificial.
12. He should love me.
13. He should be smart.
14. He should be resourceful.
15. He should be ingenious.
16. He should pray to God.
17. He should respect his family.
18. He should respect my family.
19. He should have good manners.
20. He should learn my love language.
21. He should be secure.
22. He should be likable and have a lot of friends.
23. He should be able to clean the house.
24. He should surprise me with gifts often.
25. He should be a good dad.
26. He should love to learn.
27. He should be creative.
28. He should always have a job.
29. He should love to help people.
30. He should love the Buckeyes and football and swimming.
31. He should be easy going.
32. He should be a light that shines in the world.
33. He should listen.
34. He should be good at fixing things.
35. He should be good in self-defense.
36. He should be dedicated to his family.
37. He should be dramatic.
38. He shouldn’t dawdle.
39. He should be encouraging.
40. He should read the bible.
**BONUS** He should be FUNNY!
Cade: What Do You Think Makes a Good Wife?
1. She should always be compassionate.
2. She should be lovable.
3. She should be friendly.
4. She should be clean and organized.
5. She should be patient.
6. She shouldn’t be too hard on her children, or too soft on her children.
7. She should be a good cook.
8. She should be caring toward her kids.
9. She should be pretty.
10. She should be a Christian and very Godly.
11. She should be sporty and musical.
12. She should be smart.
13. She should love pets. (Cause I’m gonna get a dog)
14. She should be giving.
15. She should be strong emotionally.
16. She should be in good shape. (Like you but maybe a little bit more than you.)
17. She should be wise.
18. She needs to be positive.
19. She should be an outdoors and indoor person. (Mostly outdoors though)
20. She should save money.
21. She should have good fashion taste.
22. She should be healthy.
23. She should be a very good mom.
24. She should not be greedy.
25. She should always tell the truth.
26. She should always support me.
27. She should be really fun.
28. She should make people feel good.
29. She should have good manners and not be rude to other people.
30. She should not gossip and always be nice.
31. She should be trustable. (Correction: Trustworthy)
32. She should be a good role model to her children and other people.
33. She should dress appropriately.
34. She should be thankful for her blessings.
35. She should be sensible.
36. She should finish what she starts.
37. She should forgive others.
38. She should be loving.
39. She should make smart decisions.
As far as I can tell? They are both gonna have some AMAZING marriages, if they find an individual who can meet all of these requirements!! I am impressed and delighted they have such high expectations. I told them I will keep these checklists for future reference. What fun that will be, to look back on these lists someday! I can only pray that my kids find exactly what they are looking for…