I’m singing that song in my head, but I have NO idea where it came from- anyone? Perhaps my older peeps know? I’m too lazy to research it, so trust me when I say there is a song that sings “Things that make you go hmm…” Anyhoo- I changed the words around to fit my life. Perhaps everyone’s, right? We all have those moments. Life has a way of giving us those crazy times that call for a “NO!!!” Something goes very wrong in our pleasant and peaceful places, where we completely freak out in total surprise. Things we don’t plan for or hope for or want to happen- but they do. Some funny, and some not so funny. Well I am going to share my top five “things that make you go NO!!” here, and feel free to join in on the fun! If you have a list to share, let me know and I would LOVE to see them!! Wouldn’t this be a fun link up idea? Hmm…
1. This first one needs a ‘back-story’. For those who read my posts, I recently wrote about how lovely life is and I encouraged you to embrace the moments that matter. I shared how my fearless daughter did a dangerous dive-(The inward dive)and did it well! Would you believe the NEXT day she went for it again, and I took a deep breath and relinquished my fear, while embracing my words and the moment once again. Here’s where things didn’t go as well:
SHE LANDED HEAD FIRST ON THE BOARD!!!!! My greatest fear CAME TRUE!!! Oh you better believe I screamed “NO!!!”
Funny though, as I was holding her and we were both crying I rocked her and said “I know honey, I know… you can cry, I bet you are so scared!” To which she replied, “I’m crying because I know you’ll never let me do that dive again, mommy!!”
You bet I won’t child!
2. I was having a wonderful evening with my neighbors out on her back porch, laughing and yes, there may have been some wine consumption involved! As I was doing some sort of “happy dance” and they cheered me on- (not uncommon with or without the wine) my neighbor’s dogs suddenly got all riled up and attacked me!!! One bit DEEP through my skin on my leg and you bet I screamed “NO!!!!!
What a buzz kill, if there ever was one.
3. On Sunday night, after a very busy weekend- I remembered about the notification that my son’s reading and math logs for the month were due the NEXT day… (ready for it?) THEY WERE BLANK!!!! I’m not even sure you can categorize that as a mom fail- I mean an ENTIRE month completely neglected! Well, let me ‘save face’ here- I did notice there were two entries on September 1st and 2nd! We spent the next hour looking at the calendar and “guessing when he read”, then I wrote a note on the math log that simply said “Oops!” You can bet this teacher just adores me…
I woke up the next morning to my sweet, hard-working (and probably terrified) boy reading frantically on the couch with piles of books to add last minute to his reading log!
4. I received my Kohl’s Card bill and was charged A $25.00 LATE FEE!!!!!!! “NOOOOOOOO!!” Enough said.
5. And lastly, I finally found the culprit that caused the stench that permeated my ‘Carter Cruiser’ for weeks!!! (Seriously, it was so bad, we had to keep the windows down all the time.) I was reaching down on the passenger side floor looking for something, and came up with… ready for it?
A HALF EATEN PEACH that had been rotting in my car for weeks!!! I ain’t never smelled anything like it. The goop had thankfully molded on a plastic bag, and I literally flew out of my car screaming “NO!!!!!!!!”
And there you have it. The top five things that made me go “NO!”
What things made you go “NO!”???? Oh, please share!!!