As I watch my children run around the house screaming, the little one naked and bound by scarves tied all around his body while the older one pulls him along, stretching the scarves with every fiber at breaking point. They go twenty miles an hour around the bend of the hallway over and over again ‘til they fall on each other with hysterics. I long for quiet, and realize it’s gonna be another long day stuck inside as the town is covered in ice. Mmmm….. Okay. Gonna challenge myself to take a positive inventory of motherhood!
The blessings of motherhood!
- You can always make things better with a treat !(Yeah- I know that goes against parenting rules….but the treat is for me!)
- Nothing feels better than a child nuzzled in your arms.
- Eating cupcake batter never gets old! (Or brownie batter, cake batter for that matter!)
- When the dentist reports no cavities for children! (Whew!)
- Getting good grade cards from school!
- The ability to use time outs whenever you need one.
- Catching your child praying for you (or someone else).
- Laughing at those funny things kids say! (there’s oh so many, right?)
- The beautiful day when kids actually do what they’re supposed to….for the first 10 minutes of the day…
- Every Milestone that is passed!
- Your children still love you when you make a mistake.
- Your child makes it through a challenging situation, and learns from it!
- You survive a crisis with your child and realize your strength.
- You survive a crisis with your child and realize your child’s strength.
- Your kids drive you crazy and you need a break! Then after an hour of them being gone, you miss them…
- You look back at videos or pictures and realize the amazing journey your child has been on…..and you see the incredible, exhausting, and fulfilling winding road that has grown your child to where he/she is now.
- When your child does something so wonderful, and you realize it came straight from him/her, NOT from something you told them to do.
- When you realize the impact of every word and action you say and do is more powerful than you know… They take it all in.
- When you can see their faith grow.
- When you see a little piece of you, in them. (hopefully a good piece!)
I’m sure there’s more, but I gotta go clean up all the forts, toys, and scarves…and make some cupcakes!
Then I will take a mommy time out.