I am a procrastination expert. How about you? For me, it can get pretty bad, especially when my anxiety kicks into full gear and that ONE thing I need to do transforms into this grueling grizzly bear of a burden. I sometimes shut down. I can’t deal.
It can cause me to do just about anything else BUT that one thing I simply must do. It can get pretty pathetic- almost laughable. I’ll do just about anything to keep me from doing that one thing- especially when it’s hard and takes work. It may be a writing assignment. It may be an uncomfortable phone call. It could be a difficult conversation. You get it. The hard stuff.
So, as I spent the last month in FULL procrastination mode, I did quite a few other things. It proved to be good blog fodder, which resulted in a little diddy I wrote on Her View From Home. PLEASE tell me you relate?
Or this can get a bit awkward.
Yes? Okay. Whew!
So without further ado…
When you have something really, REALLY important that needs to get done, here are one hundred things you can do instead:
- Take a nap.
- Clean out your kids’ rooms.
- Paint any room in the house.
- Sweep and mop the floors.
- Watch your friend’s kids.
- Go for a walk.
- Clean out your pantry.
- Wipe down your floor boards.
- Go through all 748 emails.
- Scroll through Facebook.
- Find your old High School pal on Facebook.
- Stalk an old boyfriend on Facebook.
- Pace the house, looking for something that needs done.
- Cruise Pinterest for new decor ideas.
- Rearrange your furniture.
- Call anyone.
- Answer the phone when it rings.
- Do four loads of laundry.
- Play with your kids.
- Go to the gym.
- Write a to do list, and STAR, UNDERLINE, and CIRCLE that one thing you must do.
Now go read the rest of this interesting and perhaps helpful list over at HER VIEW FROM HOME and after you giggle and nod, share it with your friends. And add a few of your own ideas from your wealth of experience! (I think I could have easily written 100 more. Right? And to be honest, I only actually did about 98 of the things on my list.)